Entry is free and performances are held at Government House.
Bookings are essential. Tickets for the Governor’s Performance Series are distributed according to a ballot.
This webpage will be updated with details of the next performance and how to book when details are available.
The Next Governor's Performance Series
The Governor of Victoria, the Honourable Linda Dessau AC, and Mr Anthony Howard AM QC invite members of the public to a screening of Paper Planes in the grounds of Government House Melbourne on Friday 26 February 2021 from 7.15 pm.
Paper Planes is an imaginative film about a young Australian boy’s passion for flight and his challenge to compete in the World Paper Plane Championships in Japan.
The Governor and Mr Howard look forward to welcoming you to the very first outdoor cinema at Government House Melbourne, as part of the Governor’s Performance Series.
Bookings required for attendance - please book via Eventbrite
The Office of the Governor is committed to hosting COVID-safe events. To view our COVID-safe policies, please visit this page.
Performances hosted by the Governor and Mr Howard have included:
- Australia’s only Indigenous opera company, the Short Black Opera Company (July 2016). Watch on Livestream.
- A fun and interactive family concert by internationally acclaimed performers of original acapella, Coco's Lunch (September 2016).
- A youth concert featuring up and coming artists Alex Lahey, Mallrat and Japanese Wallpaper (April 2017). Watch on Livestream.
- Melodies, rhythms and songs from Europe and Latin America by The Stiletto Sisters (June 2017). Watch on Livestream.
- A student workshop and performance by Circus Oz (December 2017).
- The Australian Ballet Education Ensemble conducted workshops and performed 'Coppelia' for primary school students (May 2018)
- A brass ensemble from Orchestra Victoria (June 2018)
- Seniors Sing-a-long (November 2018
- Dance Sport Victoria Ballroom Dancing Display (October 2019)