Addressing the Governor
The Governor’s official title is Her Excellency the Honourable Linda Dessau AC, Governor of Victoria (the pronunciation of Dessau is Desso).
The Governor’s husband’s title is Mr Anthony Howard AM KC.
Making an introduction
- Her Excellency, the Honourable Linda Dessau, Governor of Victoria
- Mr Anthony Howard
- Governor or Ma’am
- Mr Howard or Sir
Writing a program or invitation
- HE the Honourable Linda Dessau AC, Governor of Victoria
- Mr Anthony Howard AM KC
Invitations to the Governor
If you would like to send an invitation to the Governor and/or Mr Howard, the invitation should be:
- in writing
- signed by the most senior member of the organisation, for example, the Chair or President
- addressed to the Official Secretary.
Where possible, invitations should arrive at least three months before your event and include the following details:
- whether the invitation is for the Governor only, Mr Howard only, or both
- as much about the event as possible, including an outline of the function and its purpose
- any specific role requested of the Governor and/or Mr Howard
- expected timings.
Where to send your invitation or request
All invitations or requests to the Governor to attend or host an event must be sent to the Official Secretary.
Mr Jonathan Burke
Office of the Governor
You can email your invitation or request to the Official Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Invitations during COVID-19
During the COVID-19 public health situation the Governor and Mr Howard are continuing a full program of engagement with the Victorian community. People from all sectors are encouraged to contact the Office of the Governor with requests for participation by the Governor and Mr Howard, whether that be hosting an event at Government House, attending an event in the community, online participation, a written or video message or any other form of engagement.
Consistent with the Victorian Government Roadmap, attendees aged 16 and over and all staff at events hosted by the Governor and Mr Howard at Government House Victoria must be fully vaccinated.
Similarly, the COVID-safe policies in place, including vaccination requirements, will be considered in relation to invitations for the Governor and Mr Howard’s attendance at community events.
Requests for the Governor and Mr Howard to host or attend an event can be made to email@example.com