Addressing the Governor
The Governor’s official title is Her Excellency the Honourable Linda Dessau AC, Governor of Victoria (the pronunciation of Dessau is Desso).
The Governor’s husband’s title is Mr Anthony Howard AM QC.
Making an introduction
- Her Excellency, the Honourable Linda Dessau, Governor of Victoria
- Mr Anthony Howard
- Governor or Ma’am
- Mr Howard or Sir
Writing a program or invitation
- HE the Honourable Linda Dessau AC, Governor of Victoria
- Mr Anthony Howard AM QC
Invitations to the Governor
If you would like to send an invitation to the Governor and/or Mr Howard, the invitation should be:
- in writing
- signed by the most senior member of the organisation, for example, the Chair or President
- addressed to the Official Secretary.
Where possible, invitations should arrive at least three months before your event and include the following details:
- whether the invitation is for the Governor only, Mr Howard only, or both
- as much about the event as possible, including an outline of the function and its purpose
- any specific role requested of the Governor and/or Mr Howard
- expected timings.
Where to send your invitation or request
All invitations or requests to the Governor to attend or host an event must be sent to the Official Secretary.
Invitations during COVID-19
During the COVID-19 public health situation the Governor and Mr Howard are continuing a full program of engagement with the community in novel ways, particularly through the use of communications technology. All sectors of the Victorian community are encouraged to continue to make requests for engagements with the Governor and Mr Howard, for both now and in the future, remembering that many engagements can be conducted through online technology. Requests can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Joshua Puls MVO
Office of the Governor
You can email your invitation or request to the Official Secretary at email@example.com