Government House and grounds are open for general access through tours.
Government House Drive
Melbourne Victoria 3004
Invitations or requests to the Governor
All invitations or requests to the Governor, including to attend or host an event, must be sent to the Official Secretary.
Mr Joshua Puls MVO
Office of the Governor
You can email your invitation or request to the Official Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, go to How to Address the Governor.
Social Media Guidelines
The Governor of Victoria is active on Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
The aim of the Office of the Governor social media channels is:
- principally to highlight and celebrate the work that Victorian individuals and organisations do to support and benefit our community; and
- to create an online environment where the community can engage safely, and are free to make comments and suggestions or ask questions.
The role of the Governor is strictly apolitical and this page will not offer or respond to political commentary. Political commentary on this page or discussions of a political nature may be removed. For more information detailing the Governor’s role in Victoria’s system of government, please visit this page.
The Office of the Governor asks that anyone engaging with its social media channels shows courtesy, kindness and respect for all other members of our social media communities. By engaging with its social media channels you agree to follow these guidelines.
Posts, comments and replies will be removed if they:
- are abusive, offensive, unlawful, discriminatory, harassing, derogatory, racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit or promoting violence.
- violate laws regarding privacy or intellectual property.
- contain spam or advertising; we do not accept requests to endorse commercial products or services or to solicit donations.
- are off-topic, irrelevant or unintelligible.
- violate the terms and conditions of the social media channel on which they are published.
The Office of the Governor reserves the right to determine, at its discretion, whether contributions to its social media channels breach these guidelines. The Office of the Governor reserves the right to hide or delete comments made on its channels, as well as to block users who do not follow these guidelines.
The Office of the Governor also reserves the right to send any comments it deems appropriate to law enforcement authorities for investigation as it feel necessary or as required by law.